Sunday, December 27, 2009

Rainy Sundays are good for sleeping in.

Especially when you stay up til 6. Everyone is now awake and breakfasted. I was up for a bit around noon, because I had drank all the water in my bottle and needed more and then once I did that I couldn't get back to sleep. But we had fun yesterday and last night. It's neat, everybody who lives here gets along pretty well and they actually eat meals together and clean up together. Probably not all the time, but often. I'm sure it's related to how meals are treated in general here.

Turned out that the market is on SUNday, not Saturday, so in the morning we mostly hung around a bit. Then in the afternoon, went out to eat something around 4:30 and get food to make dinner (that we ended up not making because, really, when you eat at 4:30, who wants to eat a lot again at 8 or 9?) After that, we came back here and hung out. Not doing anything in particular - talking, listening to music. Then we went to a really relaxed bar a couple of blocks away (luckily! since we were walking and it was COLD. Oh, and I lost a glove *and* my hat somewhere between my hotel in Paris and the train station here. The hat was old and ugly, and the gloves were super cheap (though still warm) so it's not a huge loss, just a major annoyance when one is cold.) There was a guy DJing at the bar, and one of the guys here is really into that. Like mixing and 'scratching' and stuff, not like lame-o radio DJing. It was interesting to see someone doing that. It seems like it's a bigger thing here, too. Or maybe I just don't the 'right' people at home. After that, more music, talking, some dancing. And around 5:15 we sort of realized the time and everyone wound down and wandered off to bed. Quite nice.

I may post again here before I leave, but tomorrow I'm going to stay with a family for about 5 days and I don't know what their internet situation is, so consider yourselves warned to be patient.

2 comments:

  1. I am ALWAYS patient ;-} so I hope the others pay attention to your 'warning' *virtue* *virtue* Sorry about the hat and glove... I look forward to hearing about the replacement process...because I know it is going to remain cold while you are there!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew the market was on Sunday, I just didn't know it was only Sunday! I went and looked up the town name to see where you are (ok so it was cuz it sounded made up) and they said a popular thing on Sunday morning is to go there and I saw pics of it too. And I'm gonna go with you know the wrong people cuz the people on tv do the whole real DJing thing...

    ReplyDelete