Monday, December 7, 2009

One down, two to go

I turned in one final today. It was a very nice feeling. It was a 21 page paper that I wrote. It's crazy to think that I actually did that, a whole 21 pages. And I could have easily spent more time on it and written more. It helps that in linguistics you're expected to include loads of examples. Any time you're talking about how people do (or don't) talk, you stick in an example of it. By then end you have loads of these sentences. You can't just make them up from nothing. They have to make sense for what you're talking about and all. But it makes the 50 or 60 pages expected for a Master's thesis seem really not bad, especially because you write that over the course of a year. I'll be starting mine this break, in fact, and finishing it up by next December. No problem, right? Or at least, I hope not...

2 comments:

  1. Hello! This is MY competant adult overachiever (what DOES that mean? the 'over' part) of course the 60 page thesis trembles in fear and anticipation! Duh.
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why you can't just make them up from nothing... making things up is the best way to write a paper...

    ReplyDelete