Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pictures, you say?

Well... my photo software on here is... lacking. I can't make it save the pictures as turned the way I want them. Um, stupid! But, if you really want pictures, then here we go. Not too many, though, b/c it takes a bit to get them on here.

We begin at sunrise, 30,000 feet above England. Yes, I was over the wing.


Welcome to France, country of fashion, croissants, wine, decadent desserts, and toilets that look like this:

This is an airport toilet. Which means it's nicer than some. See the handy foot-flush? I like that. No dirty handle that I typically push with my foot anyway. But nope, no seat at all. At least I didn't have to pay to use it. You know, beyond the price of the ticket.

From there, time to jump onto a train to Lille!


And this is where I stayed the first four nights! It was actually about 30 min outside of Lille in a cute little town. Tiny town. Perhaps 'hamlet' would be more appropriate. We got a good bit of snow the day after I arrived. It was pretty. And cold.

In Paris, then, here is some chocolate I definitely did NOT buy. I don't even think I could eat that. Too pretty. And then it would all just go to waste, so what's the point?


The view of the Champs Elysees from the Louvre/Tuileries end:


And the crowd around Portrait of the Artist:

And a lesser-but-still-well-known VanGogh that I somehow missed getting a pic of the title:


A poster that would have been SO cool to... re-purpose, but they apparently were aware and kept it behind glass. How cool would that look on my wall? No silly art-nouveau cocoa boy for me, just a gregorian chant concert that was at Notre Dame.


And my middle-of-the-street view from the Arc de Triomph (aka opposite from other pic) end of the Champs Elysees.

Pretty.

2 comments: