Thursday, December 3, 2009

No more pencils, no more books!

Almost, anyway. Today was the last day of my classes. Wow. I honestly don't even know what to say. Or think. What will I do with myself next week?? Oh, right, I'll be finishing finals and starting reading for my thesis. Hmmmm... that sort of dampens the wonderful feeling of freedom. I shall ignore it.

I am sometimes surprised by facts that don't get shared. By me, by others. Or things I've thought I've said and it turns out I haven't. So, let's have a pretend conversation.
What was the note about leaving the country the other day?
I am headed to France.
Where in France?
TBD. Will let you know once I do.
Why?
Why not?
No, really, why?
I happen to be studying French, and getting in some practice doesn't hurt. Summers I have to work, in order to keep living, so winter is when I have time. And why not?
Is anyone going with?
Nope, just me, my camera, my thesis ideas, some clothes... you get the idea.
How long will you be gone?
Til right before classes start again.
What will you bring me?
You're joking, yes? I may have lost my mind, but I'm still a broke student. Email me addresses and I will email you postcards. Er, REAL mail you postcards. I think that's how they work.
What if I give you money?
If you would like to buy things through me, I will need to check the baggage info to see how much I can actually have each direction, and to make sure I won't be moving around too much, but I expect it will work out one way or another.
How will we be in touch?
Internet. It's amazing. Why do you think this blog exists?
I will be worried about you, how will I know which weather to watch? Or news to scan for Americans involved in riots/arrests/car accidents/etc???
Don't worry, mother, I will give you info as I get it. I happen to be a generally competent adult. :)

2 comments:

  1. I looked on line to try to find evidence of people in France getting kidnapped due to your snotty potty comment about me having seen Taken and I couldn't find any =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! I didn't say ANYTHING about weather or riots/arrests/car accidents/ much less ETC !
    I was VERY impressed with my calm passing comment about the plans for the adventure being as interesting as reports on the adventure... yeesh! How am I supposed to impress you with my progress? (Do you have the French Highway Patrol's number by chance?)
    ;-Þ
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete