Saturday, June 4, 2011

No pictures for you!

I decided Saturday would be a good day to try to upload pics. It turns out that while my internet is helpful and relatively speedy, it does not agree with pictures. I shall try this again somewhere at some point. But for now, you all must be patient. Not fun, I know, but I am quite sure you will survive it!

On the menu for today is a walk through the old city with Karen (that I met in Lisbon) and her host sister and then maybe watching a soccer game with Selma (I'm horrible at fake names) and *her* host sisters.

Week 1 of classes left me tired, and not perfect at everything we're doing, but still feeling like I wish it would go faster. Having to learn a new alphabet for a language makes the process so much slower! And when our professors pronounce words, it's easy to her the long and short vowels/consonants. Not so much from the dvds we work from. Good practice and all that, I'm sure.

3 comments:

  1. It must be awful to not be perfect at something on the first try, I guess you'll just have to suffer through learning like the rest of us. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree! It is way hard when you have to learn a whole new alphabet! Especially when they have letter that look like our letters but are really a completely different letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nan, THAT is what I meant, not V's comment. I know it all takes time, I do teach a beginner class after all, I just need more things to say to my host family!

    ReplyDelete