Thursday, January 28, 2010

Laziness wins!

And I'm not trying to talk down... I might use this.

Over the summer, they moved the Audiovisual library from near the student union (i.e. convenient location for me and many others) to the east side of campus. Now, instead of a 10 minute walk to go check out a dvd for free, I would have a 20ish minute walk. Yes, the 10 minute walk is also on my way to/from classes, but still, it's just a little further.

Well, apparently enough people complained, and now they are willing to send your dvd/cassette/cd to any campus library. Like the one just one minute from my office and classes. It will take 2-4 days, which seems a little inefficient, but I suppose that lazies in Texas win this round.

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/about/news/av_retrieval.html

1 comment: