Sunday, July 3, 2011

So, I paid $90 for this and it's not waterproof

I went to Asilah with 10 other Americans this weekend. We all had a nice time, I think, except for the girl who apparently got sick from last night's dinner. Sad. It was much cooler, we got to swim in the ocean, and just relax and not worry about stuff.

Travel here is so much less expensive than France or the US. Obviously it's due to the general wages and cost of living, but it was about $25 for my roundtrip ticket to the city 3 1/2 hours away. I am well aware it's a lot for locals, but at least I can make it work for once. We stayed in a hotel a couple of blocks from the beach, ate food at a restaurant that I thought was pretty good (I had the same thing as the sick girl, so either I got lucky, her system is just different, or it was something else. Or all of the above) and mostly just had fun being somewhere different.

It was also pretty amazing that when we came back, it was actually chilly in Fez. It was a very pleasant surprise, and it's supposed to be a bit cooler this week than last. Wait, I'm feeling like I may have already told you that. Well, whatever.

I'm actually feeling tired now, though there are still guests in the main room. I may just close the door to my room. For now, then the mystery $90 item? ........................ Wait for it. Chimney's passport. Yep, boys are bright at times. Like when they run into the Atlantic with a passport in the pocket. Oops. (Chimney = nickname for the only one that smokes out of the group who went.)

Ok, goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. such a random post, I can believe you are tired. ;-} Very glad you had a good time AND that it is going to be cooler! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it, glasses also should not go in the ocean, they are more like $200+. Fun times, did you take amazing pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to hear more about the Atlantic ocean! For some reason i am really missing water right now. We have rivers, but they are so not as cool as sounds, oceans, bays or even lakes!

    ReplyDelete