Saturday, July 9, 2011

Slow it downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

There are plenty of things at home that I miss. And will be thrilled to do/see/smell/taste/touch/etc when I get back. But there is still a lot left to do here! Most of the people who got here when I did are leaving this weekend, or shortly after. So I've heard a lot about their plans and about what they are gonna do back home.

Now I have one month left. I leave crazy early the morning of August 8th from Casablanca. That gives me 3 weeks of classes to enjoy (or not enjoy, depending on the specific class period) and loads of things to see and do and eat.

Lately I've been walking home with a couple of other girls. We've been stopping now & then to try different sweets and other foods sold by the guys on the street. Today I got a giant macaroon-like thing. It was tasty. I've also had a savory chickpea thing, a very thin-doughed pastry (kind of like phyllo) filled with 'sweet,' as the guy told me. I think it was left over fried honey-cookie-things, chopped up and wrapped in the pastry and either baked or fried and then coated in honey. Mmmmm, delicious honey. There was also a night that we got a box of different kinds of pastries from this one place and each had 1/4th of each. They were pretty big. And the other time that I got about a pound of petits-fours for $6. So tasty.

I'm sleepy, I may try to take a nap now.

3 comments:

  1. So I am guessing from your post that you have a lot more to taste before you leave! When do you move to the other house? I don't see "study harder" on your list ;-} or in your case "learn lots more at the speed of light" - because that is just who you are! Enjoy xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drooling from 6,000 miles away!!

    ReplyDelete