Monday, May 23, 2011

REI is so cool!

I bought this awesome bag a year and a half ago before going to France. It has thin cables in the strap and a mesh of even thinner cables across the lower sides and bottom. So that no one can just cut the strap off your bag or slash the bottom open. And I have met people who have had both happen to them. Well, my awesome bag proved that it had a major flaw a couple of months ago: the nice hook that allows you to put the strap around a solid fixture (say, a table) parted ways with its friend that held it to the bag. Permanently. I've been using a zip tie to hold the strap on, but it isn't the same as being able to hook it around stuff!

So, after being sad for a while, I realized that my bag was still under warranty. But I lost the receipt. But then I remembered the wonders of REI! It was bought under a membership, so they keep all your info on their computer. When I walked in with my wonderful bag and explained the issue, they told me to get a new awesome bag and exchanged it. Easy as that!

And the hook that broke? Yep, it's since been updated.

3 comments:

  1. I try to tell people here REI is the best (we have 1 location) and they just don't believe me. We're super excited to hear about Fes, good luck packing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love REI, they have the coolest stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennie (Vess) used to work at REI in Tacoma so I have even been there ;-} I am very glad you are setting out well outfitted! I will be happy to share your good experience with anyone who asks what I know about REI.
    xoxoxox
    It won't let me post, has given me 6 word verifications so far, sad mom,

    ReplyDelete